Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 The end of ReloadersNest?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
morten Posted - Jan 25 2006 : 00:19:19
I have created a graph of all incomes on the site and compared it to the biggest expense. Software licenses and hardware costs are not counted for, only the actual costs for the Internet access.
As you can see Iím loosing money in an unpleasant rate at the moment (week 4 isnít complete at the moment).
I have no problem to admit that the rate of sales has something to do with the products that are being sold. Also the click rate on the ads are linked to what kind of ads that actually are displayed.
-And with only 30-50 clicks out of about 80,000 daily impressionsÖ

If I took the money I spent on this site I think I could buy my self a new gun every second or third month or so. Please please, give me some encouragement to continue. Some good ideas for bringing the budget in balance are also much welcomed.

Morten

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shastaboat Posted - Oct 15 2016 : 21:27:30
I just set up to donate $10.00 a month. I challenge any member with over 50 posts to do the same.
morten Posted - Oct 15 2016 : 16:31:34
Old post, but we haven't given up yet
Tom S. Posted - Aug 23 2016 : 11:54:14
quote:
Originally posted by Preston

It is old but my question hasn't been answered. I don't do pay pal. So what do I do?

The address to send a check is listed:

http://www.reloadersnest.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8346

The Donation page also states:

quote:
PayPal supports all major credit cards. You don't need to have a PayPal account in order to donate by this option.
PayPal is a secure option and the transaction is done on an encrypted session.
steve4102 Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 14:00:01
quote:
Originally posted by Rapier

Do you guys understand that you are responding to a 2006 thread, it is 10 years old? Mort did not blow the bugle to come to his rescue on this........
Ed

Doesn't mean a member here can't "blow the Bugle" and ask other members for a rescue mission to help Mort out, or does it.
Preston Posted - Aug 19 2016 : 11:56:37
It is old but my question hasn't been answered. I don't do pay pal. So what do I do?
bad arrow Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 18:15:18
Agreed that the thread is 10 years old, but is a reminder to myself to kick in a few $,, I forget....
Rapier Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 16:26:40
Do you guys understand that you are responding to a 2006 thread, it is 10 years old? Mort did not blow the bugle to come to his rescue on this........
Ed
win 86 Posted - Aug 18 2016 : 04:20:36
morten we need to get some of guys from handroaders bench, monstermuleys and long rang hunters involved in this site. i have a lot of dr. bills to pay and now the idiots are saying i have cancer. but if i can help let me know. mike
Moosegooser Posted - Aug 16 2016 : 15:23:13
I'm kinda new here.... But I have been "active" on other boards of different topics. I also run a small business..very small.. Niche handmade product...

I do not see here very many Banner ads by "sponsors" of this board.. I have been a sponsor on other boards,and have paid money to have my banner ad placed on the forums page.. I paid a good bit of money for the space, but did gain some return from people who like my product.. Worked well for both entities.. The price charged for the space has to be reasonable,and there must be a significant members list that would be available to your add..

I think it would be VERY difficult to run a profitable board with just donations from members... Advertising would seem to be the answer,,at least in my way of thinking..

An example... If RCBS ran a banner add here ,,and Paid the owner of this board for the space,,, Board members owe it to the board to purchase from RCBS for their products Rcbs would profit and could MAYBE offer a discount to Reloaders nest if they mentioned the add, or presented a sales "Code" for the discount when ordering something from them..

I am kinda surprised I dont find this here.. maybe it IS here, but difficult to find... might be another problem..
Preston Posted - Aug 16 2016 : 14:06:34
Can I use just a credit card? I've completely closed my pay pal account so that's out.
Dom Posted - Aug 16 2016 : 11:32:17
quote:
Originally posted by km3h

Can someone please tell the cost of a premium membership. I have been to the PayPal page and see that there several donations amounts but no mention of premium membership costs.

If from the main page left side menu, you click on the "Premium Subscription" it is explained as below:

When signing up for a Premium account with a full 12 month subscription, you will get:

Several hundred PDF reloading manual*
Photo Album
Premium Member forum avatar
Access to restricted Premium forums

All this for only USD 15 for 12 months.
win 86 Posted - Aug 16 2016 : 09:06:17
morten, i hope you can keep this site going. to me it is a go to place for reloading info and reading everyone's comments. just pm me i want to help. mike
km3h Posted - Aug 14 2016 : 21:01:21
Can someone please tell the cost of a premium membership. I have been to the PayPal page and see that there several donations amounts but no mention of premium membership costs.
bad arrow Posted - Sep 17 2013 : 01:00:36
I'm trying, cant seem to get the pay pal thing sorted out because I changed my email addy not long ago, I'll keep at it,, I'll gladly support this site
Zane Gregg Posted - Sep 16 2013 : 21:24:43
wanted to sign up and pay for the premium service but was blocked out ..not an easy navigation! maybe others are having the same trouble

Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06