Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Bullet
 Varmint
 berger bullets load data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mtmuley
Advanced Member

USA
1460 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2004 :  20:48:28  Show Profile Send mtmuley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking for load data for Berger bullets. Specifically 80gr .243 Winchester. mtmuley

calsibley
Advanced Member

Canada
598 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2004 :  11:46:16  Show Profile Send calsibley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Berger is going to have to come out with a reloading manual, sooner than later. They offer such a wide range of bullets they really need a manual. I've had good fortune with many of their bullets, unfortunately not the one you mention though. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley
Go to Top of Page

zoopman
Average Member

USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2004 :  23:07:28  Show Profile Send zoopman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
mtmuley--What I have done is to compare the berger bullets (with bullets in other loading manuals) that are similar then of course start with a few grains of powder less and work up to accurate load. I'm sure you already know this stuff---but I just don't know where you could get other info!

Edited by - zoopman on Jul 27 2004 01:06:55
Go to Top of Page

Herb

37 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2004 :  20:18:49  Show Profile Send Herb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mtmuley

Looking for load data for Berger bullets. Specifically 80gr .243 Winchester. mtmuley

Try this..........http://www.realguns.com/loads/243.htm
Go to Top of Page

calsibley
Advanced Member

Canada
598 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2004 :  11:37:38  Show Profile Send calsibley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I spent all day Saturday at the rifle range and had my best day ever with the Bergers. My .17Remington posted a 5 shot group at 100yds. of .264" with the 25gr. HP. My .222Rem. also shot well, with a .316" at 100yds using the Berger 52gr. HP. I'm having great results with the Bergers. I just wish they weren't so bloody expensive. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley
Go to Top of Page

zoopman
Average Member

USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2004 :  23:38:41  Show Profile Send zoopman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calsibley---dang good groups for sure! The berger bullets shoot the best in my rifle also. I have had some good groups with some Hornady v-max bullets too but the berger seems to do better at longer ranges. They do cost more but I guess that's the price of accuracy. Good shootin!!!
Go to Top of Page

calsibley
Advanced Member

Canada
598 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2004 :  11:18:59  Show Profile Send calsibley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello zoopman,

The Sierras were my bullet of choice for a long time at the range, but in the last couple of years I'm finding the Nosler Bal. Tips do just as well, sometimes better. I prety much limit myself today to Sierra and Nosler for range use. Never had much luck with Hornady. The odd ones shoot well, but not consistently so. Just one mans opinion. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley
Go to Top of Page

zoopman
Average Member

USA
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2004 :  23:59:24  Show Profile Send zoopman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calsibley--I used to shoot the sierras in my 22-250 and they are very good bullets for sure! I tried some hornady v-max and my groups were better than the sierras--so that is what I shoot in this rifle now. I agree with you about the hornady bullets as I don't seem to have much luck with them either. The v-max however does seem to be the only one I have had good luck with. I should try some noslers as I am finding out that the different bullets seem to make a big difference in what a particular rifle might like. Soooo many componants and not enough time as I still have to work for a living--dang it!!! Of course when I do retire I will have to go back to work to support my shooting habit!!!
Go to Top of Page

calsibley
Advanced Member

Canada
598 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2004 :  13:08:05  Show Profile Send calsibley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello zoopman,

I quite agree with you, working can certainly cut into your fun time. I retired a few years ago so I'm enjoying my just rewards. I reload for 11 different calibers, but the .22-250Rem. is far and away my favorite I put a Hart SS Varmint barrel on mine, and it certainly sings a sweet song. I only wish I could afford to do this with all my varmint rifles. Maybe I should go back to work and earn more money! Naw, it took too long to get this far. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley
Go to Top of Page

dirtythirty
Average Member

99 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  22:12:15  Show Profile Send dirtythirty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by calsibley

I spent all day Saturday at the rifle range and had my best day ever with the Bergers. My .17Remington posted a 5 shot group at 100yds. of .264" with the 25gr. HP. My .222Rem. also shot well, with a .316" at 100yds using the Berger 52gr. HP. I'm having great results with the Bergers. I just wish they weren't so bloody expensive. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Go to Top of Page

dirtythirty
Average Member

99 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  22:17:05  Show Profile Send dirtythirty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just learning the ropes. I just ordered Berger 30 gr. Boat Tails Moly. Any suggestions for an appropriate load? I shoot Remington 700 with 24 inch barrel. I have used 20 and 25 Hornady's. Good impact performance but lacking in the group size area.(1"-1.5")
Go to Top of Page

dirtythirty
Average Member

99 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  15:23:25  Show Profile Send dirtythirty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found some data in an old Speer manual for 80 gr. Tests were done with a Winchester model 70 with a 22" barrel. the best velocity was with 4064 at 39 grains. Velocity was 3353fps. Get the correct BC from Berger and go to www.biggameinfo.com and click on ballistics calculator and you should have a good place to start. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

davymac
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  16:39:38  Show Profile Send davymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi try contacting Berger direct i did and they were very helpful in giving me reloading data for my 6.5-284 norma cartridge they are doing a phone service till their manual is up and running you get them on their web page and email them from there hope this is of some help....davymac
Go to Top of Page

Kansas Ed
Advanced Member

USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  11:03:12  Show Profile  Visit Kansas Ed's Homepage Send Kansas Ed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davymac

Hi try contacting Berger direct i did and they were very helpful in giving me reloading data for my 6.5-284 norma cartridge they are doing a phone service till their manual is up and running you get them on their web page and email them from there hope this is of some help....davymac

+1 They were great with me too!

Ed

Are we there yet???
Go to Top of Page

lofter
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2009 :  14:42:00  Show Profile Send lofter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davymac

I agree Davey.....I sent them an email when I got my 204 a few yrs ago and the sent me all they had for it.

Go to Top of Page

vmts4me

405 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2009 :  14:55:53  Show Profile Send vmts4me a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can call Berger and request the info. They will email it to you. I have done it more than once. Once I sent them a couple pics of a deer I had killed with a VLD and they sent me a t shirt.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06