Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 Load request
 450 rigby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scottkline15
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  18:14:45  Show Profile Send scottkline15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
does anyone have any load data for the 450 rigby

lost-leader
Advanced Member

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  23:28:56  Show Profile Send lost-leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scott- If you type in Reloading the 450 Rigby rimless, you'all find some reloading information. I've never heard of the powder their using thou. lost.
Go to Top of Page

fishstan2
Advanced Member

USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  05:41:09  Show Profile  Send fishstan2 a Yahoo! Message Send fishstan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ScottKline15, try here on this site. I hope this helps, it also lists other 450 Rigby. Good luck and good shooting. Stan

This is the home page of all the loads.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/rifle.asp

This is the one load If you go by your request.

http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=270

WILLIAMS, STANLEY W.
CSM JBLM
"I SAY SHOOTEM FROM LONG RANGE"

Edited by - fishstan2 on Oct 28 2009 05:45:35
Go to Top of Page

scottkline15
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2009 :  19:54:31  Show Profile Send scottkline15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, i seen some of the loads on the web and they are using south african powders. I have no idea where to get that powder. I was also told today that i could use the same load data for the 450 dakota for the 450 rigby anybody have any thoughts about that
Go to Top of Page

fishstan2
Advanced Member

USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  06:14:43  Show Profile  Send fishstan2 a Yahoo! Message Send fishstan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Scott, well on the powder situation I would google the powders and see what you come up with. You may have to order it and pay the Haz matt fee to your house but most of the powders can be had. You can look the powders up in question and see what the next powder is closest to the burn rate, very easy. You can google the burne rate charts and they have one here to on this site to. As far as the 450 Rigby load data being the same as 450 Dakota, I would call and verify. Those guys at Dakota are great, I have two rifles by them and they are very helpfull. If you need for me to help you PM me and I will see what I can do. Good luck and good shooting. Stan

WILLIAMS, STANLEY W.
CSM JBLM
Go to Top of Page

fishstan2
Advanced Member

USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  06:31:04  Show Profile  Send fishstan2 a Yahoo! Message Send fishstan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scott, here is some info. Went and looked and it looks like IMR is a powder they used to. That is very easly had as I do assume you are from the States. Here is a site that uses the South African powder and what powder you can use. The one in the blue column is the closset powder. Accurate and Alliant powders. Good luck and good shooting, you need anything let me know. Stan

http://www.gsgroup.co.za/burnrates.html

WILLIAMS, STANLEY W.
CSM JBLM

Edited by - fishstan2 on Oct 29 2009 06:34:47
Go to Top of Page

scottkline15
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2009 :  20:09:45  Show Profile Send scottkline15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
stan, thanks for all your help. i have 3 dakota rifles also. they are wonderful rifles. I will call dakota and see what they say. The guys from american hunting rifles are the ones who told me about using 450 dakota data.
Go to Top of Page

fishstan2
Advanced Member

USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2009 :  06:05:56  Show Profile  Send fishstan2 a Yahoo! Message Send fishstan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scott, let me know how it turns out. The folks ag Dakota are fantastic. Good luck and good shooing. You need anything let me know. Stan

WILLIAMS, STANLEY W.
CSM JBLM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06