Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 Millett LRS Scope Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ToddKS

52 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  15:26:54  Show Profile Send ToddKS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A while back I posted looking for opinons on the Millett LRS 6X25 scope. There were not many opinions, but other reviews read favorably so I purchase one.

I am now on my way to return the second scope I was given after the first one proved to be defective. This one does not function correctly either. Both scopes had issues with not tracking correctly, and the first scope came out of the box with a slightly canted reticle.

The first scope did not track correctly on windage, and the second did not track accurately on elevation. Elevation adjustments on the second scope proved to be twice the input value (ie 4 MOA change on scope resulted in 8 MOA change in POI). The second scope also would not return to zero.

At this point I am done with trying to get a good one, I am just going to get my money back.

Wanted to share this in case anyone else was considering this as an option.

BISCUT

3497 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  15:32:45  Show Profile Send BISCUT a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting your experience Todd. Always good to know what others have had happen .. good or bad.
Go to Top of Page

Dom

Germany
2003 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  16:40:48  Show Profile Send Dom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the report. I've never owned Millett, so have no idea how good they are. What are you looking at to be your next scope? Waidmannsheil, Dom.
Go to Top of Page

cfvickers
Advanced Member

1893 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2010 :  21:19:01  Show Profile Send cfvickers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most inexpensive scopes I have dealt with don't track correctly. Be it a tasco or bushnell sportview or one of these millet scopes. I have dealt with a millet scope but not a lot and no it did not track true either.
the two that have are BSA and centerpoint. I had a 4-16x40 mil dot BSA that was a great scope, and that 70.00 centerpoint scope from walmart works great as well. I just have problems at times getting it to focus as it should beyond 200 yards. the AO works but pay no attention to the yardage marks on the dial.
Go to Top of Page

Joe King

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  09:26:18  Show Profile Send Joe King a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Millet tactical 4-16x50, It's always tracked spot on, 1/8" click adjustments are exactly that. A good friend of mine bought the exact same scope because of mine and his has also worked exactly as it should

you can hit em as hard as you want, but you have to hit em first

Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

IMR4350
Advanced Member

USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  09:41:39  Show Profile Send IMR4350 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed mixed reviews from folks on the Millet pro and con for varying reasons. It seems that what problems that do exist are quality control problems in putting the components of the scope together on the assembly line. The material use is pretty good, just quality control seems to suffer. So you get good ones and then from time to time you get the ones that do not work properly.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:

THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
THE HEART OF A CHILD
THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Edited by - IMR4350 on Sep 12 2010 09:42:35
Go to Top of Page

ToddKS

52 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  19:15:04  Show Profile Send ToddKS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Joe,

The scope you have sounds like it is a TRS. The TRS seems to be doing much better than the LRS in the quality control department. I know 2 people who have the TRS scopes and neither have any complaints.

Go to Top of Page

ToddKS

52 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  19:28:26  Show Profile Send ToddKS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE:

When I went to return my second scope, the first one had recently arrived back from repair at Bushnell (Millett is owned by Bushnell).

The scope had a couple dings (possibly from the rifle it was displayed on being handled) so I said I would not take that one instead (there were no dings when I returned it). After a discussion I did agree to take the newly returned scope to the range and check the repair so that the owner of the shop would know if it was fixed.

The repaired scopes performance was excellent. It successfully passed a 4 MOA box tracking test and did well on other larger adjustments as well including an 8 MOA back and forth windage test.

I wish that scope hadn't come back with the dings, because I would have kept this one for sure. Apparently all the scope needed was a good hand fitting and adjustment by stateside personnel.

God willing the second scope will come back ding free and working as well as the first one and I will keep it.

This is more a testimony to Bushnell standing behind their product than anything else. They turned the first scope around in a little over a week which is pretty awesome service. I am also glad that I am not the one paying for all of this shipping about of defective product. The shop I bought this from has stood behind it as well.

The morale of this story appears to be that you can buy a Millett LRS scope and as long as you are willing to suffer the initial warranty return, Bushnell will turn it into a real shooter for you :) I believe I am going to be satisfied in the end, but wouldn't recommend the process.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06