Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other
 Technical Tips and Tactical Bits
 Trigger? Timney vs. Bold Optima Trigger -or other?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lars Beck Jensen

Denmark
23 Posts

Posted - May 23 2003 :  12:48:38  Show Profile Send Lars Beck Jensen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Looking for a new trikker for my mauser 98. Can anybody recommend one speciel?? I only know of timney and Bold Optima triggers. It has to be without safety, because I am keeping the old one mounted on the bold-action.

Where can I buy them? (E-shopping- international nessesary, because I live in Denmark).

thanks,

Lars Beck Jensen

by the way - took out a nice roe-buck yesterday

drjess
Average Member

USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 24 2003 :  00:02:48  Show Profile  Visit drjess's Homepage Send drjess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i hear many people like the timney trigger...

places to check out online:

http://www.midwayusa.com/
http://www.solidrocktechnologies.com/timney/

You were not meant to understand your life...you were meant to live it.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill
Average Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - May 24 2003 :  05:15:34  Show Profile Send Mr Bill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look at www.Brownells.com

This topic is also covered in Gun wreckers, a couple topics up from Technical Tips.

I'm sure Brownells ships internationally. I've bought from them and their good people. In fact I bought a couple Timney triggers from them, one was for a M98 with the safety, I also bought a bolt shroud from them to remove the original M98 bolt safety. Someday I'll get back to that project and finish it.
Bill
Go to Top of Page

Bruce in Utah
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - May 24 2004 :  18:22:12  Show Profile Send Bruce in Utah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would highly recommend a Timney. I have installed 2 in sporterized Mauser actions without any problems. However, I am trying to get a Optima to work in a Swede 96 and it is a bear. A lot of whittling needed on the triggerguard and the stock (has a side safety). When I finished, I found out the trigger sear is stuck too high and will not work.

Stick with Timney, a lot better.
Go to Top of Page

calsibley
Advanced Member

Canada
598 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2004 :  23:19:12  Show Profile Send calsibley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, but I know nothing about Bold Optima. However, Timney has been around for years, is quite innovative with thousands of satisfied customers, and produces triggers for almost any rifle you can think of. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley
Go to Top of Page

JR1

USA
261 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2004 :  18:55:14  Show Profile Send JR1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a Rem700 for prairie doggin', where the trigger means a lot. The original, even given Rem's rep for triggers was horrid. I put in a Timney, and it immediately became my favorite varmint rifle. Like, within a couple shots. It's that good, and that was out of the box, no adjustment at all. If you fiddled with it, it could be even better, but I didn't feel like I needed to.
Jeff

ˇA Dios!
JR
Go to Top of Page

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2004 :  18:16:09  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LARS

I HAVE TIMNEY TRIGGERS INSTALLED ON 5 MAUSER 98'S. THEY ARE THE FEATHER WEIGHT TRIGGERS. THEY ARE THE BEST. I TRIED BRAND X AND WAS NOT SATISFIED.

THEY CAN BE ADJUSTED DOWN TO 1 1/2 LBS. GREAT FOR LONG RANGE SHOOTING.

GOOD LUCK, BILL
Go to Top of Page

curly

Canada
3004 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  17:19:59  Show Profile Send curly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill; No wonder you love your Mausers so much....I still have the "creepy" original trigger on mine....

Curly

Go to Top of Page

GeraldG

USA
306 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  18:13:26  Show Profile Send GeraldG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over the years I've installed probably about 20 Timney triggers, probably a half dozen Jewell triggers, and another dozen assorted Dayton-Traister and Moyer and such...and recently I've installed a couple of Rifle Basix triggers. They are all very good, but I gotta tell you...for the money, the Rifle Basix triggers are as good as any with the exception of the Jewell triggers. Jewell is my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

Evad
Advanced Member

USA
1322 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  18:45:19  Show Profile Send Evad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the Bolt optima on my 98 mauser, and it is the best trigger I have ever used. I would highly recommend it.
Dave

I never met a gun I didn't like.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3296 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  15:37:46  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lars. I use strictly Timney triggers. Assuming(I know about assume) you have a standard type Mauser, the number for the Timney trigger without safety is SP M98FN. This is the one I use. I have them on several very expensive custom rifles and I'm very satisfied with them.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  16:15:36  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I only have experience with Timney and Jewel. Like them both and for no particularly good reason I prefer the Timney.........could just be I have used them longer and on more rifles.

Let no good deed go unpunished.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06