Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 General forum
 interarms mark x 300 win mag. questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimbob_walker

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  16:46:35  Show Profile Send jimbob_walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive been wanting a gun to work up to a 1000 yrd shots. it is glass bedded and is in very nice condition. it also has a muzzel break and scope. i might have a trigger jog too. do any of you know how they are on accuracy and what kind of price to offer. the guy said he has 1100 in the gun but will give me a break. i have to give him an offer but im not real familar with interarms rifles.

dh2
Advanced Member

696 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  21:04:14  Show Profile Send dh2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it is a mauser,, good rifle for hunting but if long range is what you are after look in to a rem 700
Go to Top of Page

jimbob_walker

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  21:49:42  Show Profile Send jimbob_walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
any more to that opinion? a mauser is just the type of bolt right. i really like the gun but its going to be nothing more that a target rifle. if i got this gun for the same price as a 700 would i be further ahead with the mark x?
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3296 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  15:35:26  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I once owned a Mark X in .300 Win. mag. I also once owned a mark X in .375 H&H mag. To be perfectly honest i'm sorry I ever sold them. Both rifles were very accurate or being Mausers. The .375 was a one inch gun consistantly and the.300 ran right about .80" with loads it liked. Even the ones it didn't like were right at the one inch range. Whether it was just plain old good luck that I got two good ones or if they all shoot that good is something I just don't know.
Will the gun you're looking at be competitive at 1,000 yards? Damned if I know but as much as Like Mausers, and I have a few very accurate Mausers, I don't think it will be in the super accurate range needed for 1,000 yard shooting. it's probably a lot easier to make a remington 700 more accurate but you'll be putting a hell of a lot more than $1,100 into the gun to get it that way. As good as M700s shoot, I still think you'll have to invest some serious cash to make it competitive.
Another thing is that rifle has a muzzle brake. Them thing are LOUD! you'll need ear plugs plus the head phone to tone that baby down a bit. It's be a good huntinh gun I suppose but a bench rest target gun, itf that's what you're looking for, it ain't. Sorry.
JMHO.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Bobo7mmmag
Advanced Member

2561 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  16:00:19  Show Profile Send Bobo7mmmag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ask him if you can shoot it prior to buying it?

Had a guy that wanted to sell me a Browning Lever Action in 22-250 Win with a 20 inch barrel on it 20 plus years ago. I told him that any 22-250 with a barrel that short was junk. He had a box of plain jane Winchester 55 grain SP factory loads with it. I told him I would take it to the range and if it shot good I would buy it.

Put three bullets into the same hole at 100 yards, 0.18" center to center.

Told him I would go to the Bank Monday morning!!!
Go to Top of Page

jimbob_walker

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2011 :  17:16:25  Show Profile Send jimbob_walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im definately going to shoot it before i hand any cash over. i just didnt know if anyone has made a 1000yrd gun out of one. i bet someone somewhere has.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06