Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Handgun Reloading
 Handgun Reloading&Hunting
 .38 loads with Lil' Gun?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bigdog
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2004 :  18:25:37  Show Profile Send Bigdog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy, new guy checking in.
I have a question for the guys who I figure should know best.

I have gotten back into reloading for my .45ACP and .38Spcl/.357 Magnum. I already have a few good loads worked up, but have been trying to expand my experience with other powders.
I've had very good performance using the new Lil Gun powder in my .357 magnum loads, as per the Hodgdon reloading data manual.
It works out so good, I'd like to try it in the .38 Special, but can't find any published data. Has anybody tried this powder in the .38? I thought I'd ask before trying to extrapolate and experiment.

Thanks.

"Accuracy costs money,
how small do you want to go?"

ricciardelli
Advanced Member

USA
1581 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2004 :  23:15:12  Show Profile  Visit ricciardelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You probably haven't found any data because it is not a suitable powder for the .38 Special (unless you are attempting to turn your .38 into a .357...)

http://stevespages.com/page8c.htm
Go to Top of Page

Bad Flynch

USA
297 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2004 :  02:02:00  Show Profile Send Bad Flynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's my experience, too: it only likes hot loads and prefers heavy bullets. If you want .38 Special, try Bullseye, PB, Unique, etc., etc.

B.F.
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Advanced Member

USA
1613 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2004 :  11:32:11  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not seeing anything with Lil Gun either. Nice to see another Curmudgeon on here though. Welcome to reloadersnest Lance/BigDog.

Make it count. www.graybeardoutdoors.com
Go to Top of Page

Bigdog
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2004 :  12:35:21  Show Profile Send Bigdog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Robert, and you other guys too!

I was just wondering, as I really love this powder in my .357 Magnum loads - clean burning, light recoil with good velocity, excellent performance. It's always nice if we can make a great powder work with more calibers - then we just have to buy that powder. Ah well, I still have a good pet load for the .38.

"Accuracy costs money,
how small do you want to go?"
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Advanced Member

USA
1613 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2004 :  13:33:57  Show Profile Send Robert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't tried that powder yet, but have heard a lot of people using it for Contenders over on Graybeards. I am sure you could work up a load with Lilgun....don't know how good it will be, as I don't know much about it. Merry Christmas.

Make it count. www.graybeardoutdoors.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06