Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 Techniques
 CCI 400's vs. CCI BR-4's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwalters99
Advanced Member

USA
597 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  18:19:57  Show Profile Send bwalters99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone...

I started a thread on this earlier in the week, but decided to post new hoping to get some opinions.

I have been using CCI 400's for my small rifle primers, but have had difficulty finding them as of late. I got a call from a friend in a local shop today saying he had just got in a few CCI BR-4's, and asked if I wanted them. I told him yes, and went over to pick them up. I only bought 1000 (that's all he had), but wanted to know if I should start out low on my charges and work my way up again..?? CCI says that I can use the same data as the 400's, but I wanted to hear from some of you guys as to what you thought...

Hello..... I see the assassins have failed..

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
3664 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  18:28:07  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you have a chrony, load up about 5-10 with a known load and test the theory. I would imagine that they would be very close. Good luck and stay safe.
Go to Top of Page

bwalters99
Advanced Member

USA
597 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  18:29:43  Show Profile Send bwalters99 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hockeynick.... 10-4 on that... I appreciate the reply...

Hello..... I see the assassins have failed..
Go to Top of Page

Bad Flynch

USA
297 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  14:31:41  Show Profile Send Bad Flynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CCI-400s and BR-4s are supposed to be exactly the same primer and directly interchangeable.

The BR-4s were introduced, many years ago, as super-uniform equivalents that would help eliminate sorting primers for precision loads, like benchrest loads. BR-4s were made by a select group of employees that had excellent track records for producting consistent products. They were made in special off-schedule runs and only in small lots, mostly by hand.

Not to worry.

B.F.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06