Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Rifle Reloading
 Varmint loads
 221 fireball reloads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

steveW

65 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2005 :  21:29:04  Show Profile Send steveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got a fireball in a remington classic.Does anyone have any inside info.Held a man at shooting range talking of using Lil-Gun Hodgons powder.It's hard for me to find rifle data.Lots of XP-100 data
around.thanks

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2005 :  22:27:50  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
STEVE

YOU WON'T FIND OR IF YOU, DO I COULDN'T FIND IT, DATA FOR THE FIREBALL IN RIFLE OR PISTOL. THERE MAY BE SOME OUT THERE. THE XP AND THE MODEL 600 SHORT ACTION RIFLE FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES ARE THE SAME. JUST BARREL LENGTH BEING THE ONLY DIFFERENCE.

RL-7 AND LITTLE GUN ARE 2 OF MY FAVORITE POWDERS IN MY XP, GOOD ACCURACY AND VELOCITY.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE UPPER CASE TYPING. I AM HANDICAPPED AND CAN ONLY TYPE ONE HANDED. THANK YOU

HAPPY TRAILS
BILL
Go to Top of Page

steveW

65 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  08:57:43  Show Profile Send steveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill what velocity are you running with accuracy.Didn't think they made a fireball in 600/660 you must had to rebarrel??What twist do you have.I own a 308 and 222 in the 600 really enjoy both guns.My 222 is one accurate machine. On a good day I can shoot .433 groups 5rds.@100yds.This rifle is the only one I reloaded for and it was not a challenge.
Thanks again Steve
Go to Top of Page

ricciardelli
Advanced Member

USA
1581 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  09:23:22  Show Profile  Visit ricciardelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://stevespages.com/224_44.html
(That's for rifle)

http://stevespages.com/224p_2.html
(That's for handgun)

http://stevespages.com/page8c.htm
Go to Top of Page

steveW

65 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2005 :  19:55:53  Show Profile Send steveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steve's reloading page is great thanks steveW
Go to Top of Page

doc shannon
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  17:13:13  Show Profile Send doc shannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too have a 700 Classic in 221. I tried a load using 15.5 gn. of Lil
Gun with a 40 gn Vmax. I had some pressure problems with that load in the form of hard extraction. The load is well below max. Any thoughts? Doc
Go to Top of Page

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2006 :  18:20:05  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey doc

welcome to the board.

i don't have data handy right now, and i will not commit from memory, but i'll get bak to you when i get home.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE UPPER CASE TYPING. I AM HANDICAPPED AND CAN ONLY TYPE ONE HANDED. THANK YOU

HAPPY TRAILS
BILL

MINOT (MINDROT) NORTH DAKOTA. THE WAY AMERICA USED TO BE.
Go to Top of Page

ricciardelli
Advanced Member

USA
1581 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  01:04:18  Show Profile  Visit ricciardelli's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"MINOT (MINDROT) NORTH DAKOTA. THE WAY AMERICA USED TO BE."

NORTHEAST MONTANA. THE WAY AMERICA SHOULD BE.

http://stevespages.com/page8.htm
Go to Top of Page

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  01:32:44  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ricciardelli

"MINOT (MINDROT) NORTH DAKOTA. THE WAY AMERICA USED TO BE."

NORTHEAST MONTANA. THE WAY AMERICA SHOULD BE.

http://stevespages.com/page8.htm

i might just have to agree steve. this towns just getting too big. shucks, now were getting a wally world supercenter. yuck. pretty soon it'll be like living in minneapolis.

have a good one pardner.

HAPPY TRAILS
BILL

MINOT (MINDROT) NORTH DAKOTA. THE WAY AMERICA USED TO BE.
Go to Top of Page

rpounds

USA
483 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  10:30:50  Show Profile  Visit rpounds's Homepage Send rpounds a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup, I agree. And they still speak English up there in Montana!! My kind of place!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Charlie-NY
Average Member

141 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2006 :  22:01:57  Show Profile Send Charlie-NY a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My .221FB shoots 40gr B-Tips into .5 moa @ 200yds with Lil'Gun. It is extremely fast too (3,600 ft/sec). I use 17.0gr under a moly coated bullet.

However, 17.0gr is stiff charge. I'd start at 16.0 and work up in .1gr increments. Small cases are very sensative to increasing powder charges so you need to increase charges carefully.
Go to Top of Page

tuck2

39 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  01:01:30  Show Profile Send tuck2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
221 Rem reloading data is on pages 109-112 Nosler Reloading Guide Number Four. Try Reloader 7 powder with 40 Gr V-Max bullets if your rifle has 1-14 In rifleing.. My Rem 700 LS likes 40 Gr V-Max bullets ,18.6 Gr Re 7 powder, Fed 205M primers, in Rem brass. 18.6 Gr powder is neer max so back off a bit.
Go to Top of Page

justagoodoldboy
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2006 :  11:19:35  Show Profile Send justagoodoldboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My rem 700 loves 13.4 gr of lil gun with speer 50 grain tnt's with remington primers. It will shoot 3/4 groups all day with the only modification to the gun was a trigger job.

Thank god my father took me into the woods.
Go to Top of Page

jwv2001
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2006 :  11:00:22  Show Profile Send jwv2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excuse me for coming to the party a little late, but this IS ReloadersNest. They have pretty much all of the data you could ask for for the Fireball in a rifle or a handgun.

http://reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=16

Quite a few for Lil Gun:

http://reloadersnest.com/query_pw.asp?CaliberID=16&Powder=Hodgdon%20Lil'Gun

Edited by - jwv2001 on Jun 19 2006 11:01:04
Go to Top of Page

CA Dude
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  10:29:49  Show Profile Send CA Dude a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My T/C carbine really likes 19.0 grs of Rel 10X behind a 40 grs Serria HP. Groups have been as small as .183 center to center at 100 years
Go to Top of Page

flashhole

70 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2008 :  19:43:15  Show Profile Send flashhole a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thread....glad to see some Fireball fans.

Not a lot new news to add to what others have already said. I've been through a few powders with the Fireball and settled on Alliant Reloader 7 using 40 grain BlitzKings or Ballistic Tips. Lil Gun didn't provide the accuracy RL-7 did. I found primers make a difference in accuracy. CCI BR4 or Rem 7 1/2 work best for me. This little case provides accuracy benefits from flash hole uniforming too.

My gun is a Remington 700 LVSF that I changed out the tupperware stock for a Boyd's Thumbhole Laminate, much better accuracy with the rigid stock.

Gun Control is hitting what you aim at.

I'm all for it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06