35 whelen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Meangene
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  22:08:18  Show Profile Send Meangene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't find .358 Barnes x bullet that are not loaded anywhere for my 35 whelen. Do they still sell these this way or just already loaded .

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
4690 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  08:08:57  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.barnesbullets.com/files/2015/04/15_BarnesPoster_digital2.pdf

The original 'x' bullet has been discontinued and the driving bands have been cut into the bullets. They are now called either a TSX (untipped) bullet or T-TSX (tipped) bullet. The only original 'x' bullets I have left are .308 cal 180 gr and MRX .308 cal 180 gr, which doesn't help you at all in this case.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3969 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  18:22:17  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gene. As has been said they're long gone. However, I do have forty-four 225 gr. X bullets left that I will probably never use. If you're interested, does $20 plus shipping sound fair?
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

Meangene
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  18:58:15  Show Profile Send Meangene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the 180 grains are discontinued all together or just certain ones. I don't really want to go over 200 grains
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
4690 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  07:03:30  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about you contact Barnes yourself to find out, you appear to have a computer too.
Go to Top of Page

DUSTY NOGGIN
Advanced Member

USA
761 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  09:09:06  Show Profile Send DUSTY NOGGIN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
They are now called either a TSX (untipped) bullet or T-TSX (tipped)

id go with the ttsx

Edited by - DUSTY NOGGIN on Sep 28 2015 09:11:20
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3969 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  13:59:52  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty. I can attest that the plain old 225 gr. TSX at 2710 FPS will flat out flatten elk. Just ask the five I've taken with that bullet so far. That is if they could talk. Three were DRT and the two that required a finisher were unable to go anywhere. I have no doubt the TTSX will work just as good and maybe better but like Murphy says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

DUSTY NOGGIN
Advanced Member

USA
761 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2015 :  10:26:11  Show Profile Send DUSTY NOGGIN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Dusty. I can attest that the plain old 225 gr. TSX at 2710 FPS will flat out flatten elk. Just ask the five I've taken with that bullet so far. That is if they could talk. Three were DRT and the two that required a finisher were unable to go anywhere. I have no doubt the TTSX will work just as good and maybe better but like Murphy says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

im just partial to the TTSX tipped because its my best group so far .363 but before that, my best group was a TSX grouping at .450 , dont get me wrong i like that bullet too, and yes they do smack the hell out of them elk, we got three again this year

im not gonna say they are they same bullet as far as interchangeable loads , but if you found a great load with one, i bet the other would be very close to same if the weights and calibers were equal, might be worth sending a few to paper just for fun ,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06