What Would You Do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chig78
Average Member

USA
164 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  21:39:28  Show Profile Send chig78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine offered me a trade recently. I have a Traditions 50cal Inline percussion Muzzleloader. It has a Stainless Steel Barrel and a Laminate Stock. Never Fired. Won it at a raffle. He is willing to trade me for a Remmington Model 770 7mm Mag. Black Composite stock and blued Barrel 24in. Or He also has a Ruger Circut Judge 45lc/410. Walnut stock and blued Barrel. All three guns are in great to new condition. Would you trade for either? If so which one?

Chig78
I your gonna be dumb, Ya better be tough

WonderMan4
Advanced Member

USA
2849 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  00:15:37  Show Profile Send WonderMan4 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I don't like inline BP guns, I definitely would trade for the M770 and then look for something that intrigues me more than a Remington. Such as possibly a Mossberg Patriot, or a Vanguard.
Go to Top of Page

MIKESBARRO
Advanced Member

USA
3180 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  07:57:10  Show Profile Send MIKESBARRO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep all of them...that's the only logical solution!!!

Mike

Awards are like hemmoroids......if you live long enough, every asshole gets one.
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  10:38:46  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't want the cheap Remington or the "Taurus" Circuit Judge. I'd sell him the inline and put the money on something good.
Go to Top of Page

Shastaboat
Advanced Member

USA
9124 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  10:53:57  Show Profile Send Shastaboat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are your hunting and shooting needs? Does hunting in Pennsylvania ever designate the use of a 7MM Mag? Are you planning an elk hunt out west? As for the "Judge", it's a pretty bulky handgun. Does Pennsylvania allow hunting with a BP inline? If so, I'd suggest you pass on the trade or let him sell his weapons and pay you a fair cash value.
Go to Top of Page

Paul B
Advanced Member

3969 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  16:17:16  Show Profile Send Paul B a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm with Shasta. I've heard some quite uncomplimentary comments on the Remington 770. That Taurus would in no way catch my fancy.
Paul B.
Go to Top of Page

southdakbearfan

USA
367 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2016 :  16:22:45  Show Profile Send southdakbearfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No way would I touch that trade. REM 770 is pretty much "Junk". Yes some shoot well but there is a laundry list of issues with that entire series where remington tried to cheapen everything up and many parts are prone to breakage due to the cheap methods of fabrication. The Taurus Judge is probably closer but they also have issues, more related to ammo and function but not breakage.

I would sell it outright if I wasn't interested in the BP and put it towards something I really wanted.
Go to Top of Page

chig78
Average Member

USA
164 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  14:06:32  Show Profile Send chig78 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decided to keep the Inline. Can only use it for a week here in PA. But I didn't have one and now I do...LOL Haven't heard much good about the 770's. Never owned one or even shot one for that matter. The circut Jjudge intrigued me because it was different. For now I'll just keep it.

Chig78
I your gonna be dumb, Ya better be tough
Go to Top of Page

ethmoid1999
Advanced Member

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  16:22:53  Show Profile Send ethmoid1999 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Smith and Wesson makes a 45/410 revolver. Lots more expensive than the Taurus but better quality. The Rem 770's have barrels pressed in someway for one thing. Most people don't shoot out barrels but the 770's are born to use and discard.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06