General forum
 135 grain berry bullets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

systemfan15

USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  19:50:16  Show Profile Send systemfan15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its been quite a while since I've bought any pistol bullets. I had some .401 135 grain berrys round shoulder ds #34655 that I was working up some loads for. I haven't been able to find this particular bullet available, so I'm wondering if it's worth my time to test these out. I probably have another 500 or so left.

On a side note, I'm assuming it's ok to post here since the new forum is down?

Thanks,

Steve

budlight
Advanced Member

USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2017 :  21:34:11  Show Profile Send budlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use raineer plated bullets because they don't have the 1250 fps cap. If you see raineer you can load them the same as berry or just look at bullets listed that use a few more 1/10 of grains. Plated bullets don't have a lot of friction causing higher pressure
Go to Top of Page

systemfan15

USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2017 :  09:31:48  Show Profile Send systemfan15 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good enough for me. I actually used to shoot 180 grain Rainer plated bullets and I just wanted to give the berrys a try. Have you noticed any performance differences between the two? On plates out to 25 yards I haven't noticed a difference, but it seems the rainier grouped a little better on paper. It's been a while since I did any testing, but that's what I recall however. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,

Steve
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06