The end of ReloadersNest?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Hairtrigger

290 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  07:10:08  Show Profile Send Hairtrigger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoy this forum, mostly just lurking, as there are hardcore reloaders here not kids chatting about their day at school and sports
Go to Top of Page

morten
Administrator

Norway
659 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  14:11:49  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to give you an update:
I've been working on the registration part of the premium access for the last two days. I'm trying to follow the principle "keep it simple", but of course at the same time make it secure.

My initial thoughts was to use PayPal for creditcard validation and an alternative way of paying. If you've got any bad experiences with them, please share!
I have used PayPal on the Nest for the last year or so, without a single glitch

Suggestion for premium content:
-Downloadable PDF reloading manuals
-The Photo album
-Load detail page
-The "Sell" forum
-Newsletter with latest news and new loads
-Discount at the webshop

Any suggestions? More forums of course...

A little later on I'm also going to need some "beta testers" to test if the service are working before we make it "live".

Morten
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  16:22:46  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morten I have used PayPal a lot in the last 4 years, even had a few guys pay for big game hunts with it. I have never had any grief. The guys that I know who have had problems were usually to do with eBay and refund policies etc. For this, a straight payment, I can't imagine any problems to speak of.

Go to Top of Page

Kansas Ed
Advanced Member

USA
1212 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  16:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Kansas Ed's Homepage Send Kansas Ed a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morton,
I'm not on dialup anymore, but for the benefit of those who still are...PDF files are a nightmare. Too big for the benefits gained.

I've also had good luck with Paypal, and since we are talking overseas monetary transactions here (Norway right?), it's probably the most efficient way for you to do business....

Ed

Are we there yet???
Go to Top of Page

morten
Administrator

Norway
659 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  17:52:30  Show Profile  Visit morten's Homepage  Click to see morten's MSN Messenger address Send morten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The PDF files is only 140-150 kb. 150 kb will take 35 secs on a 33.6 kbit/s modem. I'm not sure if I can make them any smaller and still be compatible across different operating systems without loosing too much quality.

Morten
Go to Top of Page

Mike 257
Advanced Member

USA
905 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  20:14:59  Show Profile Send Mike 257 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we should get another title added under our name to encourage new members to want to join, like Bonus member or Premium member in bold letters, thats what got me hooked on Shotgunworld, I wanted it to say Bonus Member under my name so I sent in the $20, I also got a patch that said Shotgunworld.
Go to Top of Page

Oregon Elk Hunter

USA
205 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  20:32:02  Show Profile Send Oregon Elk Hunter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am willing to pay to support the site. Also, highly recommend paypal. I use it all the time (over 500 transactions)with no problems. OEH
Go to Top of Page

mtmuley
Advanced Member

USA
1816 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  22:09:58  Show Profile Send mtmuley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd gladly pay a fee to keep the Nest up and running. mtmuley
Go to Top of Page

luvrifles
Advanced Member

USA
937 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  14:10:16  Show Profile Send luvrifles a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Morten, If you decide on a fee count me in. We can't let this place disappear.

Edited by - luvrifles on Jan 28 2006 14:11:20
Go to Top of Page

Mike 257
Advanced Member

USA
905 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  18:02:03  Show Profile Send Mike 257 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where do we send the funds ?
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  18:34:26  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This should make Morten happy.........we are all sitting around, fingers poised over the keyboards, waiting to access our PayPal accounts and send him money.
Go to Top of Page

Mike 257
Advanced Member

USA
905 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  00:17:17  Show Profile Send Mike 257 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sky, I just hope that our money is enough to make a difference.I just recently found out what it cost to own a forum and I was shocked. I always thought someone just made them up and they were free.It seems like only a handfull of us really post, and I feel like the handfull will be the only ones becomming bonus members.Is there a way that we could email all 1326 members and let them know the situation. If half of them joined for $5 Morton would not have to lay out a cent.
Go to Top of Page

Allen Foraker
Average Member

USA
128 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  00:33:54  Show Profile Send Allen Foraker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I kinda look at this FORUM/SITE like a Gun Club that meets everyday instead of weekly or bi-monthly. I am willing to pay for membership just to be able to attend the meetings. Using the range is just a bennie. I am saddened to hear that Morten is forced into this situation and I honestly think that WE can bail him out. After all, this is for us. Sure we can surf other sites, and I am sure that we all do, BUT, we always come back here for some reason or another. I know nothing of PayPal, but am willing to learn. Would rather send a certified cashiers check/money order, but don't know about out of country transactions. I belong to VHA just to get their quarterly magazine, ergo, I would gladly pay to keep this site going.

Lets all pitch in.

Allen

Good judgement comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Advanced Member

Canada
2807 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  00:41:08  Show Profile Send skyline a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike ....that is a very valid point. As with all things such as this, only a handful are regular contributors and the rest just visit or get information once and a while. The regulars will no doubt contribute, the occasional users.........well, I am not sure. I expect that Morten has taken much of this into account and I will be interested in what he comes up with for a plan.

As you have mentioned the production and maintenance of a forum such as this is very time consuming and expensive. Morten spends a lot of time and energy making this happen and it would be nice if the members of the nest, as a whole, could eliminate the financial burden. I would imagine that Morten could fairly easily e-mail all of the members with a news item and advise them of the situation and the need for support.

I would like to see more of the corporate or business members offer up some support as well.
Go to Top of Page

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  02:40:14  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ditto what allen and skyline said. i'd be happy to donate. please keep in mind also that i have obligations to the local bars and keeping the skirts happy.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE UPPER CASE TYPING. I AM HANDICAPPED AND CAN ONLY TYPE ONE HANDED. THANK YOU

HAPPY TRAILS
BILL

MINOT (MINDROT) NORTH DAKOTA. THE WAY AMERICA USED TO BE.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06