Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Bullet
 Varmint
 Hornady .243 70grain SPSX
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

longshot

USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  01:15:14  Show Profile Send longshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me where I can buy some .243 SPSX 70 grain bullets. I bought some the other day to use as fouler rounds and the darn things shot consistant .25 inch groups out of my sporter weight .243 winchester barrel. The problem is I can't find any anywhere. If I don't get any response I might post this message on the general forum...If you have a stock pile in your local gunstore I would be willing to send money to who ever buys them plus a case of beer/ bottle of Whiskey!

Robert

BlueMoon
Average Member

USA
162 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  02:23:17  Show Profile Send BlueMoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
longshot,

I suppose you already know, but those bullets have been discontinued. Hornady's 6th says it is anyway. I guess they would rather have you buy their 58, 65, or 75grn V-Max. Like you say, there is probably a pile of them laying on someone's self somewhere across the country.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

Red_SC

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2004 :  22:58:50  Show Profile Send Red_SC a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are these what you're looking for? They only say SP, so I'm not sure.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=COBUHO&item=H2410&type=store

------------------------------------------
If a man speaks in the middle of a forest, and no women hear him, is he still wrong?
Go to Top of Page

longshot

USA
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2004 :  08:18:41  Show Profile Send longshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a box on ebay, I am going to try to bid on those.

I am trying a powder I have never tried before. It is AA4350. With minimum loads it nearly fills the case, quite uncommon among .243 loads... I hope to get good accuracy with my Speer 70 gr TNTs. This is the other alternative I am considering if I don't find any more SPSXs. As of yet no powder has shown very good accuracy with these bullets. I never realized though what a difference powder can have on accuracy. The same powder load that shoots the the SPSX's well doesn't shoot the speer bullets as well. Maybe it was me? Well thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else that knows about where to get some of these let me know.

Robert
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06