Load request
 6.5 Creedmoor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goodkid1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  15:18:01  Show Profile Send goodkid1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys: I am having trouble getting much data for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It surprises me when what I understand to be the less popular 6.5 47 Lapua has quite a lot. My real need is for the Hornady 120 grain GMX bullet(copper for CA hunting), but Hornady says you can also use the A-max data for the GMX. Does anyone have anything to report for this growing Creedmoor caliber? The Barnes bullet is not giving great results. Thanks

SWABBY56
Advanced Member

USA
878 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  17:09:45  Show Profile Send SWABBY56 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have a 6.5 Creedmoor that was a custom build.I have had excellent results with the 140 amax, 140 eld bullets by hornady and the 130 Berger VLD HUNTING bullet. My powder of choice that gives me best results is H4350. The Federal 210M primer. I will get my books out and see if I have any info on the 120's when I get home from work. Until then, remember that you have an excellent caliber to shoot with. Low recoil to. It will be a couple of hours till I get home. Til then

Edited by - SWABBY56 on Aug 04 2016 17:10:38
Go to Top of Page

SWABBY56
Advanced Member

USA
878 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  17:20:27  Show Profile Send SWABBY56 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Decided to take a break at work. try to see if this link comes up for you. It is for Hornady 120 and 123 grains bullet, Let me know if you get it. https://www.loaddata.com/Metallic/MetallicPrintable?id=7776
Go to Top of Page

Zero333
Advanced Member

Canada
810 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  11:50:58  Show Profile Send Zero333 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just looked in the Rifle loads section and I CAN'T FIND THE 6.5 CREEDMOOR !!!!!

Is this a joke or am I mentally blind ???

Quickload predicts MAX 45gr of H-4350 under the 120gmx in the 6.5cm generates 59,400psi, 2.800"coal, 24"bbl, 2,960 fps.

Treat that trigger like it’s your first date, not like you’ve been married to it for 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

goodkid1
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  15:07:11  Show Profile Send goodkid1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys. Swabby...I recently shot the 140 ELD-X, at varying 42 grain levels. They all were in the 1.3 MOA area, so I loaded up 40 rounds at 42.7 grains of H4350 for sighting in and to establish an accurate drop chart for the Savage Light Weight Hunter. And an odd thing happened. The MOA improved a bit at 100 yards, but I shot a SIX INCH group at 200 yards! I shrugged my shoulders and continued to shoot longer ranges. The bullets settled down at all the longer distances. I got under .75 MOA at all the 300 to 700 yard targets...the limit at my range. I called Hornady tech, and they told me a few others have reported this situation. They blamed it on a possible bullet yaw until it settled in. Has this ever happened to you? Just curious. I am going to load them in the 40 and 41 grain vicinity next and see if that helps. I will report back with any changes if I find them.
Go to Top of Page

Hockeynick39
Advanced Member

USA
4690 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2017 :  17:14:05  Show Profile  Send Hockeynick39 an AOL message Send Hockeynick39 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goodkid1

Thanks, guys. Swabby...I recently shot the 140 ELD-X, at varying 42 grain levels. They all were in the 1.3 MOA area, so I loaded up 40 rounds at 42.7 grains of H4350 for sighting in and to establish an accurate drop chart for the Savage Light Weight Hunter. And an odd thing happened. The MOA improved a bit at 100 yards, but I shot a SIX INCH group at 200 yards! I shrugged my shoulders and continued to shoot longer ranges. The bullets settled down at all the longer distances. I got under .75 MOA at all the 300 to 700 yard targets...the limit at my range. I called Hornady tech, and they told me a few others have reported this situation. They blamed it on a possible bullet yaw until it settled in. Has this ever happened to you? Just curious. I am going to load them in the 40 and 41 grain vicinity next and see if that helps. I will report back with any changes if I find them.

Very good possibility and an anamoly for sure! Usually the VLDs are a sleep until around the 300+ yd mark, so attempting to establish any type of load data at 100 yds for MOA would be moot. Run an Audette ladder about a minimum of 200 yds. with a chronograph to get your ES and SDs right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2016 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06