Reloader's Nest Forum
Reloader's Nest Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Reloading General
 Load request
 Subsonic .243 load data
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kenneth W Stolle
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  14:11:55  Show Profile Send Kenneth W Stolle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know this has been a topic before, but I have never seen actual load data. Does anybody have any load data for a subsonic .243 or know where they can be purchased. I have a encore 18" barrel 1 in 10 twist.

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  15:01:57  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken

Welcome to the "Nest".

First question, why do you want to go subsonic? All my Contender and Encore pistol barrels for rifle cartridges shoot standard rifle carts extremely well.

Best wishes, Bill
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth W Stolle
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  17:04:29  Show Profile Send Kenneth W Stolle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We take a lot of deer with kill permits within 100 yards. We already use .308 and I wanted to try .243.I use the subsonic ammo with a silencer
Go to Top of Page

WILLIAMDOERSAM

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  18:48:29  Show Profile Send WILLIAMDOERSAM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth W Stolle

We take a lot of deer with kill permits within 100 yards. We already use .308 and I wanted to try .243.I use the subsonic ammo with a silencer

Ken

Ok. I'll drink to that.

Now don't think I'm crazier than an outhouse rat, but go to http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve and search for seafire and/or Blue Dot loads.

These loads Use Blue Dot Powder and they are fairly quiet on their own. I have used them in 22-250AI, 223 REM, 19 Badger, 19-223, and 19 Calhoon Hornet. All loads have functioned perfectly, with no spikes or ill-effects.

Give them a look.You will not be disappointed, I know I wasn't. They are accurate and clean.

Best wishes, Bill
Go to Top of Page

Kenneth W Stolle
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  20:58:46  Show Profile Send Kenneth W Stolle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bill, Thanks for the site, as soon as I can get on I will check it out. Thanks again Ken
Go to Top of Page

Ridgerunner665
Average Member

83 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  02:38:21  Show Profile Send Ridgerunner665 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not looked into that site mentioned above...but I have seen first hand what can happen if you try to reduce loads with heavy bullets (100 gr.) in a 243. It wasn't me...and I told him what was going to happen but he didn't think I knew what I was talking about...a Remington 700 is strong, but they will fly apart...now he knows it too.

I'm not saying it can't be done...anything is possible.

Just make sure you are VERY careful...the 243 is a very "fussy" round when it comes to reduced loads with slow burning rifle powders...matter of fact, its downright dangerous.

Slow burning pistol powders may work better...but those type of loads are usually not very consistent.

Good luck and be careful
Go to Top of Page

Evad
Advanced Member

USA
1322 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  20:43:11  Show Profile Send Evad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blue dot is a pistol powder.
Dave

I never met a gun I didn't like.
Go to Top of Page

Ridgerunner665
Average Member

83 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  02:41:59  Show Profile Send Ridgerunner665 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know...but,

After seeing that gun fly apart I always try to post a little something to make it clear not to try this with rifle powder...I know that anybody that does their homework can assemble safe 243 reduced loads...

My post was directed more towards the guy that looks at this thread (not the link) and says..."Hmmm, I think I'll try that with Reloder 19"...then without any more research, he proceeds to blow up his rifle.

Not everybody knows just how "fussy" the little 243 can be...

I'm sorta new here...but I know just enough about firearms and reloading to be dangerous...at ever increasing distances

Edited by - Ridgerunner665 on Nov 10 2008 02:47:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Reloader's Nest Forum © 2013 ReloadersNest Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06